Thursday, September 18, 2008

Bombastic

A friend of mine wrote to me a few days ago, and after complimenting me on my blog, said:

"My only other comment as a moderate, I beg for avoiding using overly bombastic language when referring to your political foes. I for one tire of the demonization that both sides make of the other....and I personally don't find it helpful when trying to sort through the issues. In fact, I find it tiresome."

I plead guilty to this, especially in my earlier posts. It's definitely a political temptation that one has to fight. But since his plea, I've tried to be careful, as I hope you can see. I do actually try to base my own political perspective (and vote) on objective reality, not just impressions or emotions. So this should be possible for me to do (without at the same time being too boring, in which case no one will read my stuff). I will do my best.

No comments:

Post a Comment