Thursday, November 24, 2011

Ten Commandments of Being a Good Husband

On this Thanksgiving Day, when I am so thankful for my family, I want to post some advice for being a good husband.  After 38 years of marriage to one woman, I think I know what I'm talking about.

TEN COMMANDMENTS OF BEING A GOOD HUSBAND

1.  Always remember to the put the toilet seat down after doing your business.

2.  Make coffee for your wife in the morning (or whatever she likes to drink).

3.  Buy flowers for your wife at least once a year.

4.  Offer a comforting and loving hug and kiss at the end of the day, but without other intentions.

5.  Don't always rent violent movies on the weekend.

6.  Occasionally plan a 'date night' out with your wife, doing something that she'll enjoy.

7.  Apply your wife's favorite cologne regularly.

8.  Compliment--and never criticize--your wife in public to friends.

9.  When arguing, avoid saying, "you always...." or "you never...."  That doesn't accomplish anything.  And don't yell either.

10.  The best way to love your children is to love their mother.

1 comment: