Friday, September 17, 2010

Sarah's the One

It's now official:

Sarah Palin tends to shy away from questions regarding her presidential ambitions, but not on Friday, when she told Fox News that given some vague preconditions, she'd be willing to "give it a shot" in 2012.

In Des Moines, Iowa, for the annual Reagan Dinner fundraiser -- a perennial destination for Republican presidential hopefuls -- the ex-governor and 2008 vice-presidential nominee said she'd be "willing" to go head to head with President Barack Obama if voters think she's "the one."

"If the American people were to be ready for someone who is willing to shake it up, and willing to get back to time-tested truths, and help lead our country towards a more prosperous and safe future and if they happen to think I was the one, if it were best for my family and for our country, of course I would give it a shot," Palin said. "But I'm not saying that it's me. I know I can certainly make a difference without having a title. I'm having a good time doing exactly that right now."

No comments:

Post a Comment