Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Geithner and Daschle

For the record, I could really care less about the tax problems of Geithner and Daschle. Everyone looks for ways to cut their taxes, and if the truth were told, almost everyone does something that could be illegal and challenged in an audit. You know that, and I know that.

No, my problem with these two is that they are fatally compromised by whom they were helping and/or the performance of their job. Based on his insight into the economic crisis, Geithner was a no-show as New York Fed Chair and protege of Citibank's Bob Rubin. He had all the wrong views and did all the wrong things. Why should we think that's going to change?

And Daschle was making millions helping corporations in the health care industry make their billions at the expense of all of us health consumers and health insurance premium payers. Why should we believe that he's going to turn around and fashion a system that pinches their pennies?

These two guys have no credibility with me. And I don't understand why Obama thinks they are so great.

Those of you who were reading this blog in the fall know that I like and admire Obama a whole lot, probably more than I should any politician. I don't like to disagree with him or criticize him. But I will, when I think it's necessary. And it's starting a lot earlier than I would like, in an area that is so important to all of us and our future.

No comments:

Post a Comment