Friday, February 19, 2010

Getting Hitler

Adam and I watched 'Inglorious Basterds' last night.  It was much different than I expected, in a good way, and I can see why it has been nominated for 'Best Picture'.  Good combination of humor, suspense, drama, and surprising turns.  Actually less violence and more suspense than I expected for Tarentino.

Christoph Waltz, playing Col. Hans Landa, a sinister Nazi officer, has been nominated for an Oscar for best supporting actor.  He really carries the show, and the nomination is well deserved.

Brad Pitt on the other hand, is a drag on the film, which was a surprise.

It has very strong competition for Best Picture award from 'Avatar'. But even if it didn't, I'm not sure that a revenge fantasy film, where Jews get to fulfill their fantasies of revenge against the Nazis, would rise to the level necessary to win Best Picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment