Monday, February 15, 2010

Good News from Indiana

Senator Evan Bayh of Indiana is calling it quits:
Senator Evan Bayh, the Indiana Democrat, has decided not to run for a third term this year.

Mr. Bayh will announce his decision in a press conference at 2 p.m. on Monday, an aide confirmed. The decision was closely held by Mr. Bayh, a party official in Indiana said, and came as a surprise to Democrats in his state who had already started working on his campaign.

“After all these years, my passion for service to my fellow citizens is undiminished, but my desire to do so in Congress has waned,” Mr. Bayh plans to say in his remarks. “My decision was not motivated by political concern. Even in the current challenging environment, I am confident in my prospects for re-election.”
I say 'good riddance' to this Democratic Leadership Council prostitute of the military-industrial complex and corporate money and influence in Washington. His people in Indiana will be much better off without him.

No comments:

Post a Comment