Thursday, May 20, 2010

Just Keep Rand Paul Talking About Race

I have to say that I get the feeling that the MSM (aka 'the voice of the Establishment') is so intent on keeping the focus on Rand Paul's views on race, because they don't want people finding out about his views on war and the economy. Why? Because too many people would absolutely agree with them.

Now, like Andrew Sullivan and others who are defending Rand Paul (kinda), there are many areas of disagreement between the libertarianism that Paul represents and my views.  That ideology is a bit too absolutist for my taste, in terms of liberty vs. government, individualism vs. the public good, etc. 

But having said that, I am also so fed up with the Establishment in this country and what they are doing to us in foreign and economic policy that I think it's going to take someone like Paul to begin to move us in the other (correct) direction.  I see the whole debate taking place right now as the Establishment seeking desperately to protect its prerogatives against the outrage of the majority of Americans who feel they are being screwed.  Rand Paul may or may not the best 'tribune' to represent the 'people', but he's the one history has presented us at the moment.  And, as for me, I don't intend to go along with this preemptive assault by the MSM and the Establishment with the intention of politically destroying a good man with some good ideas that need to be represented in the political debate of our country.

And finally, if we've got to have a leader of the Tea Party (i.e. if we've got to have a Tea Party!), I would much rather it be Rand Paul than the truly corrupt and monomaniacal Sarah Palin.  Do not equate them, please.  If you don't know the differences between them, then find out or shut up, because you're ignorant!

No comments:

Post a Comment