Saturday, November 15, 2008

Where Does it End?

Ted Turner on the bailout, from an interview in Time:

When I was running CNN we never had any money and I never asked for a bailout. Where does it end? AIG, you know, they need $40 billion more, and we only gave them a hundred billion last week, didn't we. It's just ridiculous. And now General Motors. They said we're going to give them $25 billiong to retool. Retool what? They'll run through that money so fast they'll be back wanting more. We can't keep every loser alive.

And then listen to this:

[Do you still think Christianity is a "religion for losers?"]

No. That was probably my most unfortunate comment. I apologized for it. I apologized for a lot of things that I've said....I didn't mean to hurt anybody's feelings with that, but it did hurt people's feelings and I'm sorry.

Sounds like a new, humbler Ted Turner.

No comments:

Post a Comment