Saturday, November 22, 2008

Dead Duck

Well, as you can see, I haven't posted anything today. I've had to work on a sermon and a funeral eulogy, so my mental faculties (and my fingers) have been kept busy.

I did watch Joe Nocera on Bill Moyers last night. He's a respected observer of the business scene and was scathing toward what the Treasury is doing with the bailout. He said the utter lack of transparency with what is happening with the billions of dollars that are being given to the banks and AIG is a real scandel. He concluded by saying that Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson has basically thrown in the towel and isn't going to do anymore.

So we have a lame duck administration that is, for all intents and purposes, a dead duck administration, with feathers blowing in the wind. A fine ending to a dandy eight years.

No comments:

Post a Comment