Saturday, February 7, 2009

Feminist Demon

I was having lunch yesterday with an open-minded Republican (who appreciates that I'm an open-minded Democrat), and it struck me how dramatically the right has changed their opinion about Hillary Clinton. Not too many years ago, she was a feminist demon to most of them, and now they can hardly say enough good about her.

It seems that her campaign against Obama accomplished this miracle, and for at least the time being, it seems to be holding. If she is able to accomplish some good things as Secretary of State, and Obama falters as President, she would seem to be setting herself up for a successful run as President in 2012 or, more likely, 2016.

I would personally have no problem with this, as I think she would be a good President, but I feel sure the right would change their tune about her, and she would again be a feminist demon.

No comments:

Post a Comment