Friday, October 17, 2008

Simply Ridiculous

I was going to do a number of posts making the case for Obama, and I already wrote several minor ones. But I think I've changed my mind on that. At this point, I'll let the various endorsements I refer to make the case for Obama (like the Chicago Tribune endorsement today, their first for a Democratic nominee for President in 161 years).

Really, if someone still thinks Obama is a revolutionary, a friend of terrorists, a secret Muslim, an anti-American, a Marxist, or some other form of radical, then nothing I can say will change their mind.

I really can understand someone liking McCain, even if he isn't charismatic or eloquent. (I liked Al Gore in 2000, and he was pathetically uncharismatic! But I voted for him because I agreed with his stands on policies and his worldview.) If you approve the Republican policies of the last 25 years, including the last 8, and their results in America, including what's happening to us right now, then vote for Senator McCain. I can respect that. If not, then vote for Obama.

I don't like the way things have been going, so I'm going with Obama.

But please, don't try to paint Obama as a Muslim, a radical, a deceiver of all, a friend of terrorism. Because all of that is simply ridiculous.

No comments:

Post a Comment