Friday, October 24, 2008

Too Much Time and Money

I early voted today. It was my 10th Presidential vote. I have voted 3 times for Republicans and 7 times for Democrats (including this year), so I guess that makes me somewhat of an independent.

In any case, I am so ready for this election to be over. It has taken way too long and cost too much money. What is it about our political system that allows this to happen? We need to figure this out and change it, because we cannot afford to spend this much time and money in elections. We've got to spend more time governing effectively and solving our problems, or we are going nowhere fast.

1 comment:

  1. Well, my thought regarding this issue of useless expenditure of time and money would be to make our presidential tenure of office a single six year term. That would encourage the sitting president to fulfill their campaign promises and not be so consumed with running for office again half way through their first term.

    ReplyDelete