Sunday, April 5, 2009

The Shroud of Turin

One of the most fascinating mysteries of Christianity is the Shroud of Turin, the alleged burial cloth of Christ. I never paid much attention to it until about 10 years ago, when a gentleman in our church in Highlands, Dr. Carlton Joyce, gave a lecture and slide presentation on the Shroud which convinced me that there was a lot more to this artifact than I had ever imagined. A scientist and amateur historian, Joyce persuaded me that the Shroud could possibly be the burial cloth, as hard as that may be to believe.

Anyway, I found this article online about the Shroud, which you might find interesting. Because it comes from the Vatican, it has a bit more credibility than might otherwise be the case.

If you want to read further on the Shroud, you might want to check here.

No comments:

Post a Comment