Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Hope Against Fear

Andrew Sullivan responds to the fear-mongering coming out of the Right:

I have faith in the American people. They'll see through this to what we need, and make the best choice available. They made the right choice in the 1930s, unlike many other nations. They will make the right choice again. If I didn't have that faith, I wouldn't have the hope I feel.

The only response to this fear-mongering is hope-mongering, a pride in America's resilience, a confidence in her inventiveness, and a determination to get to the ballot box. This is not an election you can sit out. This is an election where we all have to take a stand, including the press. Too much is in peril for a false neutrality.


Thank you, Andrew. Your blog is true joy to read and helps keep me positive.

No comments:

Post a Comment