Monday, August 10, 2009

Not Prepared for the End of Life

A reader responds to my 'Benjamin Button' post:

Well, having been a nurse and cared for the elderly over the years with in
our church family, including grandparents and now parents...I've realized that
for some time now. Therefore, I am considering that all the vitamins and acts of
prolonging ones life may not be such a good thing. The nursing homes are filled
with very sad individuals who are just waiting to pass on. It is quite
interesting to me that we are counseled before we get married, we educate
ourselves by reading books and taking classes on having children but no one
prepares us for the end of our lives...thus I applaud that portions of Obama's
health plan that encourages the public to become educated as how to live out our
"golden years".

No comments:

Post a Comment