Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Blind

I'm watching President Bush address the nation. He's giving a fairly accurate description of what has happened over the last 8 years in the economy, and touting his plan (the Paulson plan).

Excuse me, but where has he been during the last eight years as this was happening? They have been in charge! As people who know me will tell you, I've been complaining about financial irresponsibility at every level of our economy and government for about a decade. I don't come at it as a liberal or conservative but as an observer who tries to look at things honestly and realistically. I'm not an economist (not even close), but I do have common sense and an ability to put pieces together. If I could see this, why couldn't he, or his financial people, see this five years ago and do something about it?

Instead he and his administration did absolutely nothing. So why should we believe him now? What makes us think that he can see things correctly in terms of a proper solution, when he had no interest or knowledge what-so-ever?

I don't trust this administration in virtually anything they do. So I am totally skeptical about this plan, especially when it involves an unprecedented amount of government (taxpayer) money. For me, the smaller the plan, the better. Plenty of economists are presenting other ideas that make as much sense. It's hard to see how we proceed at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment