Thursday, September 25, 2008

Mildred Ann Raper, RIP

I started this blog only ten days ago. Since then, it's been a place where I can both formulate my thoughts on issues of the day and share them with my friends. It's also been a place where I can vent some feelings as well. I'm sure that I'll look back on some of my posts and realize that they've been more feeling than thinking, and not necessarily in a good way.

At any rate, right now I'm mourning the loss of a good friend, Mildred Ann Raper. She was a church member, but she was more than that to me. Every once in a while, a member comes along with whom you develop a closer relationship than normal, and Mildred Ann was one of these. She was a kindred spirit. She died last night in the hospital, from heart problems. Fortunately, I had been able to spend about 45 minutes with her yesterday, talking about all kinds of things. And we had a good prayer to end our time together. I will miss her.

No comments:

Post a Comment