Friday, September 26, 2008

Conservative Calls for Palin to Withdraw

A prominent conservative columnist, Kathleen Parker, has now called upon Sarah Palin to withdraw from the Vice-Presidential Republican nomination, in the National Review Online. Reason: she is clearly out of her league, (which many of us have been saying since day one). Palin's recent interviews, where she displayed both her painfully obvious lack of knowledge and inability to articulate, convinced Parker.

She writes, "I’ve...noticed that I watch her interviews with the held breath of an anxious parent, my finger poised over the mute button in case it gets too painful. Unfortunately, it often does. My cringe reflex is exhausted."

This is significant, I think, perhaps the first in a cascading series of conversions. Sarah Palin will, I think, not survive.

Who might replace her? It would have to be someone on the Christian right. How about Huckabee? That's my guess: he's vetted, he's a Baptist pastor, he's well liked, he's articulate.

No comments:

Post a Comment