Wednesday, October 19, 2011

International Readership of 'Rude Awakening' at 25%

You may have noticed, dear reader, that I put the 'total pageview' number on the righthand side of the blog recently.  I had pretty much ignored that until recently, and then suddenly realized that it was there to be listed.  The total number was interesting, of course, but even more fascinating was the breakdown of which countries the blog hits are coming from, information which Blogger provides to us.

So here's the breakdown for the last 30 days:

United States 1,159
Canada 82
Germany 78
Russia 58
United Kingdom 53
Switzerland 40
India 22
Netherlands 16
Singapore 12
Poland 11

And there were a number of other countries with 10 hits and below, including my ancestral homeland of Sweden.

I had no idea that I had this kind of international audience.  It gives me motivation to write, I have to say.  So thanks, folks, for reading my blog!  And thanks to Goggle for making Blogger possible, as well. 

The internet, with its contribution to real freedom of speech and press, is one of the things that gives me hope for the future.  So, government, keep your frickin' hands off the internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment